Thursday, September 22, 2011

NEW! Sea Pig & other Deep Sea Cucumber videos!

So, because Neptune Canada has gone and posted this new deep-sea "sea pig" video.. I've been compelled to go and collect as many deep-sea cucumber vids as I can find and put them here!

Enjoy!


This one is an elasiopod sea cucumber, similar to but different from Scotoplanes below.. This was identified by Dave Pawson as either Amperima or Periamma, but is close to Amperima rosea (Perrier, 1896). From the North Pacific...

Observed here feeding on the fine, fine mud of the deep-sea bottom!

Want to know more about "sea pigs"? Click here.


And here's Paleopatides, I believe?

Deep-Sea Sea Pen (Umbellula) & Swimming Sea Cucumber Video! Also courtesy of Neptune Canada! (cuke begins at 1:00 into the video)


I believe this is Enypniastes? bioluminescence.....


Video of the sea cucumber Peniagone swimming...

Hmm.. not sure which one this is..



Enypniastes eximia...an oldie but a goodie!

5 comments:

Rafael Moura said...

Hi, Chris!! How are you?? Thank you for these fantastic videos, especially the first one. My best wishes to you, Rafa.

Captain Skellett said...

Love the hairy sea cucumber!

The Veliger said...

Is that Dr. Carney talking on the last video??!

ChrisM said...

Yes! I hope that more of those will eventually become available... we shall see..

Knox said...

Again and again I am fascinated what I find on your blog.
I love these vids!